Thursday, November 24, 2011

Turkey Day in Spain

Definitely been m.i.a the past few days, but just been a little busy with schoolwork and other not so interesting things :p But today is Thanksgiving and it is actually the first one I will be spending away from home, let alone in another country! It is slightly a strange feeling because being that I am in Spain right now, today feels like any day. There are no turkeys, stuffing, mac and cheese, or pumpkin pie (to my dismay!) It would definitely be nice to be home with the family, helping to cook the food, preparing the table, and arguing over who gets to sit where, but I am also thankful (get it??) that I am here as well. Thanksgiving with my family may not be conventional (that's boring anyhow!) but it is something that I cherish and look forward to every year. 

On the bright side, this Thanksgiving will be spent in none other than Paris, France! It will be my first time going and I am absolutely excited. I doubt that I'll feel the Thanksgiving spirit there as well, but I know it will be a good time nonetheless. I look forward to sharing how my trip went, and also sharing all of the things I am thankful for, so please stay tuned!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

~Justine <3

No comments:

Post a Comment