Sunday, September 4, 2011

Destination reached!

I'm finally in Spain! It took a somewhat long flight to get here, lots of waiting around in airports (or los aeropuertos), and even getting lost in one for about 15 minutes before I completed my journey. I haven't seen too much of the area, but so far what I have seen is pretty beautiful. The town seems to be a mixture of very old and very modern and it's an interesting combination to see. I'm also getting the opportunity to work on my Spanish. It's a little bit broken and my embarrassment of flubbing the language has made it difficult for me very comfortable conversing, but I know this will change with time. Speaking of time, the time difference from here to the U.S. is a whopping six hours! And because of that, I'm wide awake while the rest of Europe is settling down for bed. This trip is definitely going to take a lot of adjusting to, but I am ready to tackle what comes my way! Nighty night (or if you're in the states, good afternoon).

P.S. Packing was not fun (even though they warned to pack light) and I ended up with two full suitcases. When will I learn??

No comments:

Post a Comment